HOTS Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 5 The Fundamental Unit of Life
These Solutions are part of HOTS Questions for Class 9 Science. Here we have given HOTS Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 5 The Fundamental Unit of Life
What will happen if chloroplast is taken out of the cell and illuminated ?
Chloroplast is a semiautonomous cell organelle which on illumination can perform its function of photosynthesis and release oxygen even outside the cell provided it is kept in isotonic medium and receives raw material of carbon dioxide.
- HOTS Questions for Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science
- Value Based Questions in Science for Class 9
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 9 Science
- Previous Year Question Papers for CBSE Class 9 Science
- Identify the above figure.
- Label X and Y
- What is the function of X?
- It is figure of Nucleus.
- X- Nucleous.Y-Chromatin.
- Function of X. Synthesis of ribosomes.
- Identify A and B cells.
- What will happen if B cells are kept in hypotonic solution ?
- What will happen if A cells are kept in hypertonic solution ?
- A cells- Turgid cells. B cells- Plasmolysed cells.
- B cells kept in hypotonic solution will become deplasmolysed if done so immediately after plasmolysis.
- A cells kept in hypertonic solution will become plasmolysed.
What will happen if
- Excess amount of fertiliser is added to green grass lawn.
- Salt is added to cut pieces of raw mango ?
- Excess Fertiliser. It will kill grass plants due to exosmosis and plasmolysis.
- Salt to mango pieces. It will cause exosmosis. Salt also protects the cut pieces from bacterial and fungal attack.
- Label X and Y
- What is the function of X ?
What is the composition of Y?
- Identify the above diagram and what is its common name ?
- X-crista. Y-matrix. iM
- Function of X. Increases surface area of inner membrane for ATP synthesis.
- Mitochondrion (cut lengthwise). Common Name. Power house of cell.
- Label W, X, Y and Z.
- What is the covering membrane of X known as ?
- Which of them contains hydrolytic enzymes ?
- Which one of them takes part in storage, modification and packaging of various chemicals.
- W-Golgi apparatatus. X-Vacuole. Y-Ribosomes. Z-Lysosome.
- Covering membrane of X. Tonoplast.
- Hydrolytic Enzymes. Lysosome.
- Storage, Modification and Packaging. Golgi apparatus.
Hope given HOTS Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 5 The Fundamental Unit of Life are helpful to complete your science homework.
If you have any doubts, please comment below. Learn Insta try to provide online science tutoring for you.