Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production and Management with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have provided Crop Production and Management Class 8 Science MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well. https://mcqquestions.guru/mcq-questions-for-class-8-science-chapter-1/
You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production and Management to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Crop Production and Management Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers
Choose the correct option in the following questions:
Class 8 Science Chapter 1 MCQ Question 1.
The process of loosening of the soil is called
Answer: (a) tilling
Crop Production And Management Class 8 MCQ Question 2.
Which is pesticides?
(a) 2, 4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
Answer: (b) Malathion
MCQ Questions For Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Question 3.
Seed drill is used for
(b) cleaning the seed
Answer: (c) sowing
Class 8 Science Ch 1 MCQ Question 4.
Rabi crop is harvested in
Answer: (b) March
Crop Production And Management MCQ Question 5.
Maize grow well during
Answer: (a) June
Ncert Class 8 Science Chapter 1 MCQ Question 6.
The agricultural instrument used for removal of weed is
(c) seed drill
Answer: (b) khurpi
Class 8 Chapter 1 Science MCQ Question 7.
Transplantation of seedling is done in
Answer: (c) rice
Science Class 8 Chapter 1 MCQ Question 8.
Compost is a
Answer: (a) manure
Chapter 1 Science Class 8 MCQ Question 9.
BHC (Benzene hexachloride) is a
Answer: (d) pesticides
Ch 1 Science Class 8 MCQ Question 10.
The chemical substances rich in nutrients are called
Answer: (a) fertiliser
Class 8th Science Chapter 1 MCQ Question 11.
The process of separation of grain from the chaff after harvesting is known as
Answer: (b) threshing
MCQ Questions For Class 8 Science With Answers Chapter 1 Question 12.
The soil matter formed by decayed organic matter is called
Answer: (c) humus
MCQ Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Question 13.
Supply of water to crops at appropriate intervals is called
Answer: (b) irrigation
Class 8 Science Chapter 1 MCQ Pdf Question 14.
Which simple tool is used to remove weeds?
(d) Seed drill
Answer: (c) Hoe
Science Chapter 1 Class 8 MCQ Question 15.
Which instrument is used for spraying weedicides?
Answer: (a) Sprayer
Match the following items given in Column ‘A with that in Column ‘B’:
|Column A||Column B|
|Plough||Sowing of seeds|
|Hoe||An irrigation system|
|Seed drill||Loosening and tilling of soil|
|Moat||Used for spraying weedicide|
|Sprayer||Combined harvester and thresher|
|Combine||Tractor driven tilling device|
|Column A||Column B|
|Plough||Loosening and tilling of soil|
|Cultivator||Tractor driven tilling device|
|Seed drill||Sowing of seeds|
|Moat||An irrigation system|
|Sprayer||Used for spraying weedicide|
|Combine||Combined harvester and thresher|
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words:
1. …………. are the activities used for cultivation of crops.
Answer: Agricultural practices
2. …………. is a process to loosen soil.
3. …………. involves putting seeds in soil.
4. …………. is organic matter obtained from plant or animal wastes.
5. …………. are chemical substances rich in nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium.
6. …………. like paddy, maize grow well during June-October.
Answer: Kharif crops
7. …………. like wheat, legumes grow well during Nov.-April.
Answer: Rabi crops
8. …………. include all plants other than the crop.
9. …………. is removal of weeds.
10. …………. are chemicals to control growth of weeds.
11. …………. are plant products to replace weedicides.
12. …………. are chemicals that kill pests which damage crop.
13. …………. is cutting off the crop after it has matured.
14. …………. is a device to spread seeds in soil.
Answer: Seed drill.
State whether the statements given below are True or False:
1. Various kinds of plants grown at a place constitute a crop.
2. Supply of water to crops at appropriate intervals is called irrigation.
3. Weeding involves removal of weeds (unwanted and uncultivated plants).
4. Harvesting is the cutting down of the mature crop.
5. Removal of the grains from the chaff is called threshing.
6. Proper storage of grain is necessary to protect them from pests and microorganisms.
7. Sowing of seeds at varying (different) depth and distance gives good yield.
8. It is better to use fertilisers than organic matiure.
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production and Management with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Crop Production and Management CBSE Class 8 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.